1. First day back after a lovely week off with the family. Such gorgeous weather too, perfect!
2. We did a bit of sight-seeing at the beautiful Lacock Abbey...
Photo by Todd, and yes Jake is getting taller... nearly catching Chris up
(he's leaning a bit in this one)
The main attraction for the boys was this...
This room was one of the classrooms in the early movies.
Lastly an arty shot, because I couldn't get enough of those wonderful arches and the spectacular reflections they made.
3. I purposely left my big camera out last week so I could grab it whenever inspiration struck. This has become one of my favourites lately...
He was even singing sweetly to me whilst posing :-)
4. Another reason my camera has been out is because of the sunsets we've been having. I've been out most nights... love that the tree is kindly lending me its silhouette.
5. There may have been ice-cream eaten once or twice too...
Giggi's down Poole High Street
Barford Farm nr Wimborne
6. Then there was digging, oh lots and lots of digging. I ached in places I didn't know I could ache, but 2 and half days later it was done...
It started out when we added a hand-rail and new edging on part of the front garden. The steps are pretty bad but we don't have the budget to deal with them unfortunately. Which led to the strawberry patch behind the rail being cleared, dug over and replanted.
We then moved to the much larger area behind the strawberry patch. This was planted around 13/15 years ago and was in need of redoing.
Below you can see how bad it had got, just a mess really.
So the digging started... (photo courtesy of Todd whilst on the trampoline which is why you can see the support bars).
End of day 1
End of day 2 (we ran out of weed membrane)
Here you can see the strawberry patch all done
Another of Todd's photos
We decided to go with bark chippings as we liked the natural colour and it was a cheaper option for the area we had to cover, so we bought 4 of the 100 litre bags.... ha ha... do you know what's coming...
It covered barely a third!
So we (Chris) went back and bought another 7 bags! That was only just enough.
So it is done... one of those projects you keep putting off and even halfway through I wished we hadn't started it... but so pleased we kept going. All the plants look so tiny but they are all perennial plants/shrubs so will fill the space eventually... although I may keep my eye out for one or two more.
The new handrails need to be stained dark oak to match the top fence (the fence to the left is our neighbours), but to be honest I couldn't even lift my fork to eat my dinner that night so a paintbrush will have to wait for another day.
7. There was also fun had with these guys...
If you look closely you will see he has stolen a Nerf bullet and is hoping no-one has noticed
Snoozing in the sunshine
8. Made THIS for dinner tonight.... highly rated and recommended by all the boys... including the chef.
9. This may be the longest ever Ten on Tuesday post I've done.
10. Every time I look at this picture it makes me laugh, don't these pansies look like they are photo-bombing!